Do you have a problem with water retention?
You might think you are doing the right thing by going to your physician because you think you might need pills to get rid of the water retention, the swelling ankles, etc. Your doc will be happy to give you a prescription for it.
Did you know that there are underlying causes to your water retention?
I made an important discovery. It was actually an ah-ha moment. I will tell you about my experience.
- Do you think it’s because of eating too much salt?
- Do you think it’s because you are walking outside on a really nice warm day?
- Do you think it’s because you are a female and it’s your menstrual cycle and you have PMS?
- Are you taking certain medications and one of the side effects of taking the drug is the symptom of ‘fluid retention’?
- So you’ve been to the doctor and he tells you it’s probably the dreaded “C” word.
You might be surprised, but I am sure you will agree that drinking plenty of water helps your body get rid of fluids more easily. If that’s the case, then you need not worry if you are going to the bathroom a lot.
My Discovery is really quite Simple!
What I found when I stay away from simple sugars and simple carbohydrates, I do not retain fluids.
I have a Breakfast Smoothie packed with a non-fructose protein, fiber from bran, non-acidic fruit such as apple, kiwi, and lime as well as Omega-3, 6 & 9 Oil. Of course, I add filtered water and ice to it. In the summer when I have cucumbers and zucchini from my garden I had those instead of the fruit.
I have a hearty lunch that has protein and complex carbohydrates as well as vegetables.
The other important thing I do is refrain from eating snacks between meals especially protein-type snacks. As a people, we eat too much protein.
The UP-SIDE is that I get healthy by eating right, drinking plenty of fluids and losing weight!
The next thing I’m working on is doing Intermittent Fasting . . . . so stay tuned.