The effects of long-term L-arginine supplementation on ninety patients with multiple cardiovascular risk factors were in a recent study in the Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology June 7 2010. They were randomly assigned to two groups. One group received oral L-arginine and the other received placebo capsules. The patients were evaluated for a number of health factors such as lipid profile, glucose, insulin, and arterial elasticity.
- L-arginine is needed in your blood vessels to create nitric oxide.
- L-arginine promotes healthy blood pressure levels for healthy people who are already within the normal range
- L-arginine improves and supports the layer of cells in the lining of your blood vessels
- L-arginine promotes a healthy cardiovascular system
- high blood pressure
- excess weight
- high insulin levels (diabetes)
- metabolic syndrome
More Tips for Heart Health
It is important to remember that there is much more to the health of your heart than just your body’s production of L-arginine and Nitric Oxide.Low levels of Vitamin D in your blood have long been correlated with a higher risk of heart disease and heart attacks. A study found women who take Vitamin D supplements lowers their risk of death from heart disease by one-third.
Because we live on the earth’s northern hemisphere, the amount of sun exposure is very limited during winter months. Take Vitamin D3 supplements to keep your level in the optimal range. It should be a source of Fat Soluble Vitamins (Omega Fatty Acids 3, 6 & 9). We at Healthy Life Institute can guide you – monitor your Vitamin D3* level.
Healthy Life Institute can help YOU “Take Control of Your Health”. Call 801-317-1647 to schedule your initial consultation with one of our Health and Lifestyle Coaches.
*Systemic Formulas, Inc.
- Heart Benefits of L-Arginine (erasedisease.wordpress.com)
- Q & A with Dr Ferid Murad, M.D., Ph.D., 1998 Nobel Prize (flpdenton.wordpress.com)