Toxicity sends a bad message to your genes. As a result, you have inflammation at the cellular level.
Hormones are Not the problem with hormones – the problem is with the hormone receptors. Toxins cause hormone resistance and therefore weight gain or obesity!
What is the Solution? The 5 R’s of True Cellular Detox and Healing
Remove the Source
Regenerate Cell Membranes
Restore ATP Energy
Reduce Inflammation/Free Radicals
An easy way to remember them: Smart Moms Eat In the Morning!
Remove the Source
1. High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) — Stop drinking Diet Coke or Diet Soda Pops of any kind. Stop drinking Gatorade. Why? Because these drinks contain HFCS which is a toxic ingredient. It causes more weight gain not weight loss.
2. Plastics (Obesogen)–they mimic hormones causing endocrine problems in many people, especially in American children. There are two BIG problems:
1) Bisphenol-A (BPA) a chemical used to make a plastic called polycarbonate. A government panel determined that BPA exposure can alter hormonal development and/or reproductive function.
Other Sources of BPA:
- Other soft plastics (plastic baby bottles)
- Tooth sealants
- Eye glasses
- Water pipes
- Canned foods labeled BPA free or organic (Consumer Reports tested and found them to be contaminated with BPA)
2) Phthalates are man-made chemicals added to plastic to make it more flexible and have toxic effects to the developing endocrine and reproductive systems.
Sources of Phthalates:
- Soft plastics
- Personal care products (baby lotions, baby powders, and baby shampoos as well as cosmetics)
- Children’s toys
- Polyvinyl tubing
Look at the bottom of Plastic containers for Triangle with #1, #2, #4, or #5 (BEST); bad plastics have a #3, #6, & #7
3. Toxic Beauty – Personal Care Products
There are over 125 ingredients formulated in soaps, shampoos, cosmetics, etc. that are suspected of carcinogenic activities.
Body care products are a major source of exposure to toxins:
- Diethanolamine (DEAA) – a carcinogen
- Propylene Glycol – used in antifreeze
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate – mutagen (lathering agent)
- Phthalates – Endocrine disruptor
- Nanotechnology – development of extremely small particles that can cause oxidative stress
- Toluene – EPA tested and found it in every fragrance they tested; found abundantly in the auto parts store – is a known carcinogen, which causes damage to the neurological system; is designated as Hazardous Waste by all government bodies
- Lead – found in most lipsticks (20 out of 33 contained lead from a recent study) http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3722013
4. Heavy Metals
Mercury – Top Three Sources are:
- Amalgam Fillings
The more amalgam fillings present in your mouth, the more mercury you will have in your organs — your brain, your kidneys, your heart and your liver – according to studies conducted. In 1988, the EPA declared scrap dental amalgam material to be hazardous waste.
Vaccinations still contain heavy metals
- Flu shots contain the highest level of mercury
- Stimulates the wrong immune system
- Linked to childhood cancers and cancers later in life
- Causes chronic inflammation linked to diseases such as Asthma, ADD/ADHD, Autism, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
Lead — Number One Source is MOM
Lead released from mom’s bones during pregnancy can affect her developing babies DNA in a way that can alter gene expression and possibly increase the child’s lifelong susceptibility to disease.
Other Sources of Lead:
75% of vinegars (even Whole Foods brands) Balsamic vinegars and aged vinegars were the worst. White vinegars from rice and grapes were less.
Vinyl and Faux-leather
One of the leading causes of toxic Encephalopathy. It is a disease of the brain which may be caused by an infectious agent, i.e., bacteria, virus, or prion, metabolic or mitochondrial dysfunction, or prolonged exposure to toxic elements including solvents, drugs, radiation, paints, industrial chemicals, and certain metals. For further reading: http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/encephalopathy/encephalopathy.htm
Other ill effects on human health showed links to serious illnesses such as cancer, reproductive problems, neurological diseases, and obesity among others. A study conducted showed that children are particularly vulnerable to pesticides — had an elevated risk of kidney cancer associated with paternal pesticide exposure and other studies found associations with brain cancer.
Large Harvard School of Public Health Epidemiological study of more than 140,000 adults found:
“those exposed to long-term low levels of pesticides have a 70% higher incidence of Parkinson’s Disease than among people who reported no exposure.”
A study conducted by Stanford University and published in the Journal of American Medical Association (JAMA) found 70% increased risk of Parkinson’s Disease of individuals who use pesticides in their homes. They also found that the risk of Parkinson’s Disease increased as the number of days in contact with herbicides grows.
6. Biotoxins (A Modern-Day Epidemic) – Mold
More than 20 million American workers are affected by toxic fungi related to “Sick-Building syndrome” according to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
It is estimated that 10 million U.S. school children (out of about 70 million) are exposed daily to building-related fungal toxins.
Symptoms of Biotoxic Illness:
- Light Sensitivity
- Chronic Fatigue/Fibromyalgia
- MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity)
- Migrating Joint Pain
- Muscle Pain
- Trouble Processing New Information
- Brain Fog (Trouble finding words)
- Morning Stiffness
- Non-Restful Sleep
- Fatigued After Exercising
- Can’t Lose Weight Despite Diet and Exercise
- Chronic Sinus Congestion
- Short-Term Memory Loss
- Muscle Twitching
- Red or Tearing Eyes
- Appetite Swings
- Frequent Urination
- Night Sweats
What is the Solution?
We already mentioned the first of the 5 R’s of True Cellular Detox and Healing.
Your healthcare professional has the solution to these issues and is available to help you with the rest of your healing process!
Regenerate the Cell Membrane
Restore Cell Energy
Reduce Inflammation and Free Radical Oxidative Damage
*Special Note: A Colon Cleanse does not address cellular inflammation
Want Answers to Your Health Issues? If you are not finding the answers, give Gerry a call at 801-893-1190 for an appointment at Healthy Life Institute.
Dr. Daniel Pompa, D.C., True Cellular Detox, Systemic Formulas Webinar, June 8, 2011
- Are Healthy Foods Making You Fat? (boostyourhealthscore.com)
- Do you know what’s in your lotion? (momanddaughtersspiritualjourney.wordpress.com)